11 April 2014
Squeezing in a quick update since so much has happened since I last posted and I doubt I’ll have time to post anytime soon after this. Contiki ended a couple of days ago and now I’m in Maxime’s homeland and it is just magnificent! His family has been nothing but warm and I have never felt this welcomed before; I’m missing my Dad terribly though.
Just to sum up these past few days:
1) I did not expect Poland to be this beautiful.
2) I no longer deem Prague as the most beautiful city I’ve visited, but it is a very close second; Budapest has now taken the title (and my heart).
3) Slovenia is the 22nd country I visited, which means I’ve finally achieved my secret goal to match the countries I’ve been to with my age - 22 by 22.
4) Venice is always a good idea.
5) Apparently, the Trevi Fountain works since I found myself in Italy again.
6) Gave the Italian capital a second chance, since the first time was an okay experience for me, and I enjoyed it more (probably because I wasn’t sick like I was two years ago). This time, it was with new friends.
7) So I decided to fly to Monaco for a day.
8) Visited beautiful Antwerp with my childhood friend, Caitlen, who now lives in Germany and we decided to go to their zoo. It cost me a whopping 22.50 EUR, but was worth every cent! That’s definitely a zoo done right.
9) See what I mean? Yes, this is in a zoo.
10) Caitlen and I at the exquisite Antwerp Central station, which everyone should see at least once; this is the same friend I explored Berlin with two years ago, if anyone remembers. Today, we’re doing Brussels!
In a nutshell, this is what I’ve been up to for the past few days; though I’ve left out the best part - being with Maxime again, as cheeseballs as that sounds.Heading out in a few and I’m not sure when I’ll be able to post again, but I have been updating my Instagram (@theworldbyfaith) a lot, if any of you are interested. Wishing everyone a great weekend!